Being an intern with World Relief will allow you to wrestle with the complexities of cross-cultural work in Southern California while gaining firsthand experience with refugee and immigrant families from Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East.
Historically, our interns have been involved with many of these responsibilities:
- Mission and Justice Interns work in areas of advocacy, refugee resettlement and immigration reform.
- Marketing plan implementation
- Assist in outreach for naturalization workshops and set up the venue, learn to help with N-400
- Capacity development interns help increase our reach to new clients, develop relationships with churches and organizations, and increase our overall operations ability.
- Assist Case Managers with day-to-day needs of clients (set up apartments and prepare for arrival, schedule and attend appointments, communicate with landlord/leasing office, etc.)
- Interpret for clients when needed and intern has applicable language skills.
- Attend regular staff meetings and participate in various tasks around the office.
- Communicate with World Relief staff about immigrant and refugee needs.
Please indicate your interest in this program in the message section below.
- Summer Internship begins on June 12th, 2017, deadline to apply is May 15th 2017
- Fall Internship begins on August 14th, 2017, deadline to apply is July 5th, 2017